Thursday, June 11, 2009

You don't need a weatherman to see which way the...



Today I did an LT test on Channel 6 meteorologist Adam Joseph as part of a segment that they are doing for the Philadelphia Insurance Triathlon, which is coming up in 2 weeks. I hate to say this, but I don't really watch much TV, and when I want to know the weather I look at my iPhone. So, not knowing who he was, I did what anyone would do and googled his name. So, what did I find but a bunch of fan sites, such as the facebook group "Adam Joseph, the hottest meteorologist since the invention of weather" and this blog, which includes the quote, "Of course, he must be gay. He just HAS to be..."

I didn't think much of it, until he sent me a very nice thank you email after he left offering to give me a "personal weather forecast". Now, I am not one of those guys who thinks that every guy who may or may not be gay is hitting on me, but it did lead me to think a little bit... why is it that a man, simply by virtue of being good looking, well-groomed and single is presumed as gay? OR, alternatively, is there something about being straight that blocks out the part of the brain that controls our ability to match outfits, shave all the time, or get a good haircut?

Talk amongst yourselves...

No comments:

Post a Comment